The holidays are a great time for a theme party. And here’s one that’s sure to please: a Hot Chocolate Theme party! Here’s how:
Have your hostess provide hot chocolate (and/or coffee) to all the guests and provide a few creative mix-ins. I recommend offering about 7 items (otherwise it can be overwhelming):
1. Flavored Whipped Cream — vanilla, chocolate, pumpkin, Reese’s and even non- dairy almond & coconut whipped cream are all available in stores right now!
2. Maple Syrup
3. Bailey’s Irish Cream
4. Crushed peppermints or peppermint sticks
5. Orange zest
6. Dark, milk or white chocolate shavings
7. Ginger + cloves + cinnamon sticks make hot cocoa taste like gingerbread!
9. Coconut Milk
10. Cinnamon sticks
12. Mini marshmallows (of course!)
13. Items to create a marshmallow snowman — mini pretzel sticks, candy corn and decorating frosting (like in the picture above)!
To make this party irresistible, I recommend creating an “event” on Facebook and invite all the guests (in addition to your normal invitation strategy). Then have the hostess post about 3 times a week, asking the guests to vote on the mix-ins. For example, she could ask: “Would you prefer to mix in peanut butter or Nutella?” on one day. Then ask about “Coconut milk or caramel” on another day. Getting the guests to interact with the hostess before the party will 1) keep the party on their mind and 2) get them more excited about attending. You’ll have a great turnout for the party and everyone will have a fun time customizing their hot chocolate!
Great idea Linda! Thank you!
This sounds like FUN!! Who doesn’t like to give their opinion on topics and questions?! Creates much interaction! LOVE THIS! Thank you!
Exactly — and the more they interact with the hostess, the more likely they are to attend the party!